Post 7Z8zeKSueQR

Paul Strack Jun 24, 2017 (06:30)

I've release v0.5.6 of my Elvish lexicon Eldamo.

This version has data from PE15. Of the major publications, only PE16, PE18, PE19 and PE21 remain.

I've also started working on parsing Early Qenya phonetic rules, in preparation for the later Quenya phonology in PE18-19 which I hope to get to by the end of the year. But PE16 is next.

EDIT: I hope to start PE18-19 by the end of the year. I doubt I will finish. Both issues are very dense.
Eldamo : Home
Eldamo - An Elvish Lexicon. by Paul Strack — v0.5.6 — generated on June 23, 2017 6:54:03 PM PDT. This collection of documents is a lexicon of Tolkien's invented languages, particularly his Elvish languages, which are the most detailed. The collection is called a “lexicon” because it is not a dictionary ...

Tamas Ferencz Jun 24, 2017 (08:31)

Good news indeed. Thank you for your hard work Paul!

Lúthien Merilin Jun 24, 2017 (08:40)

Hi Paul, are there any changes to the schema this time?

Rick Spell Jun 24, 2017 (15:07)

It is already an amazing resource! Can't wait to see what it will become.

Paul Strack Jun 24, 2017 (16:06)

+Lúthien Merilin No substantive changes to the scheme, just an extra enum value to phone-row attribute. - v0.5.6 · pfstrack/eldamo@ec324aa

Lúthien Merilin Jun 24, 2017 (16:52)

Thanks, I hadn't thought of checking the GitHub diff :)

PS re "I doubt I will finish" - I hope you don't mean to say that it's too much to finish at all ?

Paul Strack Jun 24, 2017 (18:19)

+Lúthien Merilin I only meant "I doubt I will finished by the end of this year". I am pretty sure I will finish PE16, and PE18 is a possibility, but definitely not PE19. There is a chance I will be done with most of the data entry through PE21 by the end of 2018, but 2019 is more realistic. And of course, there is always the hope that more material will be published between now and then.

Severin Zahler Jun 27, 2017 (13:47)

+Paul Strack I am now starting to look for inconsistencies in the data using some SQL statements, mainly to find out where I can refine my export program further until I go into more detail for my search tool on my homepage (which is coming along great btw!). I'll post whatever I find that is of interest, but if there's something you think may be inconsistent and you'd like to get in a handy list to fix efficiently please tell me!

The first thing I am looking into is what marks have been applied to glosses and how, so that I may eventually split them off and store them separetely. Here's a quick prev, will post a thorough analysis a bit later:

(NOTE: I havent yet upgraded to the latest eldamo version, will export it later this week again when I applied some improvements to my export code.)